PURCHASE LINE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Office of the Superintendent, Shawn L. Ford
COVID-19 Community Update - May 22, 2020
Continuity of Education - Project Completion & Collection
We are encouraging all students to submit their final project to their teachers electronically. Ways to do so are through:
- Zoom meetings
- Sending pictures to your corresponding teacher’s email address
- Through phone discussions with your child’s teacher.
In the event, however, that this is not manageable, the following times have been established for dropping off projects to the physical school locations.
- Elementary Collection Information
May 26th through May 28th from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. For working parents, there will be a box in the office foyer to drop off from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
If you were previously unable to pick up your child’s personal belongings at the school at the designated times formerly provided, you will still be able to collect these items at this time. Please call the school to make arrangements for this.
- High School Collection Information
Tuesday, May 26th, from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm. For working parents, there will be a box in the office foyer to drop off from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
Food Distribution - News & Notes
- Reminder - Food will be distributed on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 (NOT MONDAY NEXT WEEK)
- The food distribution program for the regular year is wrapping up and WOW what a success you made it! We can't thank you all enough for coming out and supporting the cafeteria! With that said, there are two more distributions scheduled for TUESDAY, May 26th, and Monday, June 1st. Please note the change of delivery from Monday to Tuesday because of Memorial Day.
- We will continue to operate the meal program throughout the summer, however, the distribution sites will be limited to 5 locations throughout the district. Packed meals will be available on Mondays for 5 days of breakfast and lunch. We are asking that you sign up using the new survey. All kids under the age of 18 are eligible. https://forms.gle/7Ze5bfEHsc1j644z8 or call 724-254-4312 ext. 4095.
High School Announcements
- Those students needing to return borrowed Chromebooks and College in High School materials, please return to the high school office on Monday, June 1, or Wednesday, June 3, from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Any students on the obligation list, please contact the high school office to make arrangements to pay the amount owed.
- Reminder to Seniors: Wednesday, May 27th - Cap and Gown Pictures and Presentation of Diplomas Recording - Please follow the schedule and guidelines. Graduation tickets will be handed out at this time. Hopefully, it will be a nice day so you may take pictures with your families on your own outside on the school grounds. Seniors- don’t forget to submit pictures to Renda Broadcasting and to Mountain Media’s Virtual Yearbook. If you need more information on this, email Mr. Thomas at email@example.com. Also, both the Indiana Gazette and Clearfield Progress will honor our Purchase Line seniors on June 5th, so don’t forget to get your copy. On Tuesday, May 26th, Mr. Thomas will announce the valedictorian and salutatorian of the graduating class of 2020 to all seniors on a zoom. The zoom link and time will be sent out to all seniors.
- Graduation will take place on June 5, 2020, for seniors and their families. Though this will be a very different and hopefully once in a lifetime graduation ceremony, PLSD is committed to having a wonderful celebration within the conditions which are allowable. Thomas and his team have been working very hard on this project, and we are looking forward to sharing this moment with our seniors. We have planned activities that night that will be very unique for our seniors and their families. Hopefully, creating lifetime memories that will not soon be forgotten.
Elementary School Announcements
- Sixth Grade (Virtual) Promotion: Thursday, June 4, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
- Summer Programming: As we move into the yellow phase as outlined by the state, that still does not permit us to open schools back up for such things as Evergreen, Leap Into Learning, and summer school to name a few. As new information emerges, we will then make decisions on these various programs.
- Extracurricular Activities: Many students and their families involved in the band, athletics, and clubs have inquired as to when these activities can or will start up again. As stated above, we do not have answers to those questions. The PIAA has shut down all activities through July 1, 2020. At this current time, all activities are still shut down. When we get new or additional information, it will be communicated to our students and families.
2020-21 School Year Planning Survey
- Community Survey: . As we plan for next year, specifically for alternative scheduling options, we want to hear from our community members. We are potentially going to have to make difficult decisions that undoubtedly could be disruptive to our families. We want to get your input as we move forward in our planning sessions. Please use this survey link: https://forms.gle/SYTETDSJ7A4eJPC89 it is a very short survey that we are asking families to fill out.